formally know as MakeupbyRisa
Alyx reached out to Risa not too long ago, and asked if she would be interested in a small fun interview for the blog. Risa responded almost instantly from her phone, and heres what came of it...
Alyx will be green, and Risa is purple
- How would you describe yourself to the viewers who don't already know who you are?
- Have you always been into makeup?
- How did you get started on youtube?
- You have over 54,000 subscribers. Did you ever think you would have so many people following you?
- Has youtube opened up any friendships/opportunities for you?
- Of course I have to ask, how do you deal with the negaivity?
What would you say to someone just starting out in makeup/youtube who is looking for advice?
Starting out in makeup...as in, a career? Decide what direction you want to go and do it. There's a lot of free work you end up doing to pay your dues and prove not only your talent but personality as well so be prepared. And practice, practice, practice on every skin tone, skin type, eye shape, lip shape, age you can get your brushes on. It is my belief that any look can be modified for anyone to wear but you first must understand the different forms of facial structure and types and tones of skin. That understanding should be a basic foundation before color ever enters the picture.
- What/Who inspires you?
- Who is your typical client and/or what is your typical gig like?
What is your go to...
-hairdo:It depends solely on the weather so I generally wear it down with a hat added in the winter and a braid or two to keep it off my face/neck during the summer.
-makeup look:Very basic. Foundation, highlighter, sometimes neutral blush as a contour, Mascara and a bright or bold lip.
-outfit:jeans, boots or converse, a sweater or t-shirt, hoody and/or leather jacket
- What is one beauty item you can not live without?
- In your opinion what can be splurged on, and what can be bought on the less expensive side?
- Will you be making more videos soon? I know everyone misses you.
- What is your favorite look you have made a tutorial for?
FINISH THE SENTENCES
- Black lipliner... is an amazing way to deepen a red lip and give it a vampy feel if blended properly.
- Using your fingers...should always happen. They're your best tools
.- Who needs lipstick, when you have... smokey eyes
- I can't believe I used to... wear pink freeze eyeshadow as lipstick. With chestnut lipliner mind you. SMH lol
NOTHING TO DO WITH MAKEUP
-- Do you have a favorite food? Mexican and Japanese
- Any pets? One gray tiger kitty named Koopa
- A hobby other than makeup?photography, drawing, painting, digital art, zoology, metaphysics
- A word you like to use?Amazing
Any parting words for our readers?
Believe in your dreams and they'll believe in you
Thanks so much Risa for taking the time to do this little interview with me. I hope everyone goes and subscribes to her new channels. (links are in pink in the interview)